Saturday, September 27, 2014

Musings On Iraq In The News


I was mentioned in “How an ISIS attempt to free prisoners in Baghdad could spiral into something much worse” on Vox. I was interviewed by Sajad Jiyad for his article "The fake sheikh: Why the media repeat Ali Hatem's false 'claim,'" on his blog. I was cited in "Brief Note on Fighting in Fallujah and the Periphery" in Aymenn Jawad al-Tamimi's blog. My article on Premier Abadi's need to reach out to Sunnis was republished by Business Insider. Finally I talked with Karl Morand for his  "Update on the Conflict in Iraq" for the Middle East Week Podcast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Much-deserved recognition.

Joel Wing said...

thank you

This Day In Iraqi History - Apr 19 San Remo Conference held with UK France Italy Japan Decided to split up Ottoman empire and create Iraq

  1916 German commander of the Ottoman forces in Mesopotamia Gen Goltz died of typhoid in Baghdad